Palm Desert California Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves the Coachella Valley. We have 5 computers that have access to several genealogical web sites to help in your research. We also have a small collection of books, films and fiche that can be viewed on our film readers.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 72960 Parkview Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92260
- Entrance to the family history center is on the north side of the building. If door is unlocked, you will need to ring the bell for access.
- Click for Google Map: maps.google.com/maps
Phone: (760) 836-0475
Monday 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Wednesday 10:00AM - 2:00PM
Thursday: By Appointment Only
Holiday Schedule: Closed the following dates:
Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 16, 2012
Presidents Day - February 20, 2012
Memorial Day - May 28, 2012
4th of July - July 4, 2012
Closed the entire month of August. Reopen September 5, 2012
Veterans Day - November 12, 2012
Thanksgiving Week - November 19-23, 2012
Christmas Break - December 14 - January 2, 2013
Calendar and Events
- Help transcribe the 1940 US
Sign up today at: www.familysearch.org/1940census
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Software, Hardware and Equipment:
- Six computers, microfilm/microfiche readers, film scanner and copier, and photocopier.
Volunteer at the Center
Computer literacy a must, otherwise no experience necessary as we will train you. </fck:hr></fck:hr></fck:hr>