Palm Desert California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves the Coachella Valley. We have 5 computers that have access to several genealogical web sites to help in your research. We also have a small collection of books, films and fiche that can be viewed on our film readers.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 72960 Parkview Dr, Palm Desert, CA 92260
- Entrance to the family history center is on the north side of the building. If door is locked, you will need to ring the bell for access.
- Click for Google Map: maps.google.com/maps
Phone: (760) 836-0475
- Monday 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Wednesday 10:00AM - 2:00PM
- Thursday: By Appointment Only
Holiday Schedule: Closed the following dates:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - January 16, 2012
- Presidents Day - February 20, 2012
- Memorial Day - May 28, 2012
- 4th of July - July 4, 2012
- Closed the entire month of August. Reopen September 5, 2012
- Veterans Day - November 12, 2012
- Thanksgiving Week - November 19-23, 2012
- Christmas Break - December 14 - January 2, 2013
Calendar and Events
MAKE HISTORY - Help transcribe the 1940 US Census
Sign up today at: www.familysearch.org/1940census
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Software, Hardware and Equipment:
- Six computers, microfilm/microfiche readers, film scanner and copier, and photocopier.
Volunteer at the Center
Computer literacy a must, otherwise no experience necessary as we will train you. </fck:hr>