Palm Desert California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves the Coachella Valley. We have 5 computers that have access to several genealogical websites to help in your research. We also have a small collection of books, films and fiche that can be viewed on our film readers.
Center Contacts and Hours[edit | edit source]
- 72-960 Parkview Dr Palm Desert CA 92260 United States
- Entrance to the family history center is on the north side of the building.
- If door is locked, you will need to ring the bell for access.
- Language:English. Some frequent patrons can assist in German, Italian, French, and Latin.
Open Hours: 10:00 a.m.to 2:00 p.m. Wednesday only
July 4th; The month of August; Thanksgiving week; Christmas break (last two weeks of December).
Calendar and Events[edit | edit source]
Upcoming Events [edit | edit source]
MAKE HISTORY - Help transcribe the 1940 US Census
Sign up today at: www.familysearch.org/1940census
Class Schedule[edit | edit source]
Staff Training Meetings[edit | edit source]
Center Resources[edit | edit source]
Collections[edit | edit source]
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Software, Hardware and Equipment:
- Six computers, microfilm/microfiche readers, film scanner and copier, and photocopier.
Links[edit | edit source]
- FamilySearch Research Wiki: What It Can Do For You!: A comprehensive video presentation explaining the Wiki, navigating it, and some especially useful pages. Case studies demonstrate using the Wiki for genealogical research. Editing and adding articles to the Wiki are covered.
Volunteer at the Center[edit | edit source]
Computer literacy a must, otherwise no experience necessary as we will train you.