Paiute Indian Agency (Utah)
The Paiute Agency was created in 1925 and assumed jurisdiction over all of the bands of Paiutes in Utah.
Microfilm copies of “Narrative and Statistical Reports” for the Paiute Agency, are included in National Archives Microcopy M1011, Rolls 97-99, available in the National Archives system and in the collections of the Family History Library in Salt Lake City (their microfilm numbers 1724315-1724317.
Annual Indian Census Rolls were taken at this agency for 1925-1939. These rolls have been microfilmed by the National Archives as part of their Microcopy Number M595, rolls 330 thru 334. Copies of these records are also available at the National Archives, their Regional Archives, and at the Family History Library and its family history centers (their microfilm numbers 579440 thru 579444). These census rolls are also available online at Ancestry.com's subscription web site.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services.