Pah-Ute County, Arizona Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:59, 27 May 2012 by Sabwoo (added some additional wording)
- On 22 December 1865, Pah-Ute County was created by Arizona out of the northwest part Mohave County.
- A large portion of Pah-Ute County was given by the US government on 18 January 1867 to southern Nevada.
- A representative from Pah-Ute county attended the Arizona legislature up thru 1868. Arizona opposed loosing this land, exhausting all legal remedies.
- Arizona finally accepted the loss and restored the remainder of Pah-Ute County to Mohave County on 18 February 1871.
For records of the former Pah-Ute County, see Mohave County.
- Wikipedia contributors, "Pah-Ute County, Arizona" in Wikipedia:the Free Encyclopedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pah-Ute_County,_Arizona (accessed 9 August 2010).