Page County, Iowa Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1847--Page County was created 24 February 1847 from unorganized territory. It was attached to Appanoose County prior to organization 22 March 1852. County seat: Clarinda 
See an interactive map of Iowa boundary changes.
1858 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
- Iowa WPA Gravestone Project -- Nice name index for many cemeteries in Iowa
- Iowa Page County Recorder's Office has property and misc. records dating back to 1838. Genealogy research is not performed by the Page County Recorder’s office. However, this office has land and vital records that are open to the public.
-  David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts plus other cartographic treasures. This Collection features the city of Shenandoah.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- Page County, Iowa Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Genealogy Trails History Group
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).