Overwharton Parish, Virginia
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:16, 5 July 2011 by Murphynw (1907 history)
United States Virginia Overwharton Parish
- abt 1702
- Boogher, William F. Old Stafford County, Virginia: Overwharton Parish Register, 1720 - 1760. Washington, D.C.: Saxton Printing Co., 1899. FHL Collection; digital version at World Vital Records ($). Contains births, deaths and marriages 1720-1760.
- O'Brien, Michael J. "Virginia, Stafford County, Overwharton Parish - Extracts from the Registers of the Protestant Episcopal Church of, from 1720 to 1758, Transcribed by Mr. Powhattan Moncure, Custodian of the Records," The Journal of the American Irish Historical Society, Vol. 12 (1913):156-161. FHL Collection; digital version at Google Books (full-view). [O'Brien attempts to identify Irish surnames in this Church of England parish register.]
- Aquia Episcopal Church (official site)
- Aquia Church, The Historical Marker Database
- Dumfries Cemetery, The Historical Marker Database
- Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 167-177.