Difference between revisions of "Otter Tail County, Minnesota Genealogy"
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Otter Tail County '''
|Line 107:||Line 107:|
Revision as of 16:32, 12 April 2013
Guide to Otter Tail County Minnesota genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Otter Tail County, Minnesota|
Location in the state of Minnesota
Location of Minnesota in the U.S.
|Founded||March 18, 1858|
|County Seat||Fergus Falls|
|Address|| Otter Tail County Courthouse|
121 W Junis Avenue
Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Otter Tail County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk Deeds Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1869, divorce records from 1897,
probate and court records from 1872. 
- 1858--Otter Tail County was created 18 March 1858 from Cass and Pembina (Old) Counties County seat: Fergus Falls 
- For a brief history of Otter Tail County's name, click here, then select Otter Tail County.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Fergus Falls
- John W. Mason, ed. History of Otter Tail County, Minnesota : its people, industries and institutions, with biographical sketches of representive citizens and genealogial records of many of the old families. Indianapolis : B. F. Bowen, 1916
- Tweton, Jerome D. The New Deal: At the Grass Roots. St. Paul, MN: Minnesota Historical Society Press, 1988. Print.
Listing of individuals from this county for these wars:
- World War 1
- World War II
- Korean War
- Vietnam War
Societies and Libraries
- Otter Tail County Genealogical Society, 1110 W. Lincoln Avenue, Fergus Falls, MN 56537
Family History Centers
- Otter Tail County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Otter Tail County Genealogy (Minnesota Genealogy)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Otter County, Minnesota page 367, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).