Osage County, Missouri Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Osage County is a county located in the U.S. state of Missouri. The county was named for the Osage River. As of 2000, the population was 13,062. Its county seat is Linn. The center of population of Missouri is located in Osage County, in the city of Westphalia
See an interactive map of Osage County border changes at N2Genealogy.
Belle · Bland · Chamois · Linn · Meta · Westphalia
To see a list of places in Osage County, click on [Show], in the bar above.
Osage County Historical Society has information on historic places from Gasconade, Maries & Osage Counties including sources and links to historic maps. Also see: The Ramsay Place Names File for Osage County. (State Historical Society of Missouri)
Maps of townships (Histopolis)
The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Osage County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Osage County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Osage County Historical Society
P.O. Box 402
Linn, MO 6505
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).