Orting, Washington USA Soldiers Home Applications
The Washington (state) Soldiers Home and Colony near Orting was established in 1891. It was the first of three homes built for Washington state veterans. The application for admission to the home gives valuable information about the person’s military service.
• Date and place of enlistment.
• Date and place of discharge.
• Cause of discharge.
• Name and address of nearest relative or friend.
• Miscellaneous information.
The Family History Library in Salt Lake City has microfilm copies of the applications. The numbers can be found by doing one of the following searches in the Family History Library Catalog.
Films are arranged by file numbers. A name index is on the Washington State Digital Archives. To search the index:
1. Select Military Records as the record series.
2. Type the name of an individual and click Search.
3. Click Soldier’s Home and Colony.
4. Click the name to see the reference (file) number.