Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History Center
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 2.1 Upcoming Events: Aug 23 Scanning tip. Workshop series 12:00-1:00 pm Aug 26, 2011 Sept 23 England: Beginning Research
- 2.2 Class Schedule: see Blog [htttp://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com http://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com]/
- 2.3 Staff Training Meetings: Second Tuesday evening each month at 7 pm.
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1260 South 400 West, Orem, Utah (White chapel across the street from Krispy Kreme. Ring bell to gain access. Get a parking pass from
- Link to map: maps.google.com/maps/place
Open Hours: DAYS: Monday through Friday 10 am to 4 pm, Saturday 10 am to 1 pm
NIGHTS: Tuesday and Wednesday 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
(Call after 8pm. If no patrons are at center Staff may close the center.)
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events: Aug 23 Scanning tip. Workshop series 12:00-1:00 pm Aug 26, 2011 Sept 23 England: Beginning Research
Class Schedule: see Blog [htttp://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com http://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com]/
Staff Training Meetings: Second Tuesday evening each month at 7 pm.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- 12 computers with access to familysearch.org portal
- Wireless internet access with plugs and access for upto 30 laptops
- Record managment programs: Legacy, Rootsmagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, PAF, FamilyInsight
- Pedigree resource file discs 1-145
- Microfilms, Microfilm and microfiche reader
- Colleciton of boors, microfilms and mircorfiche
- Scanner and Photoshop software''
- Map My family Tree, PAF Companion
- AniMap Software.
- Nauvoo Database
- Mormon Immigration Vital Record Database
Staff Research Specialties
Powerpoint presentations for Boy Scout Merit Badge
Classes for Young Women, Merry Miss Groups
- England/British Isles
- Spanish/Central America
- LDS Research
- U. S. New England, Mid South, Southern
Resources in the Local Area
BYU Regional Center, Orem Library.
('This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Seeking Volunteers able to serve on Saturdays and in the evening. Also a wiki blogger and a computer s