Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Our Family History Center serves patrons in the three stake area of Cherry Hill, Lakeview and Sunset Heights. The location is ajucent to Utah Valley University and across from Krispy Kreme Donuts. The staff pride themselves on ONE-ON-ONE help. Staff have, or are currently serving as consultants with BYU's Regional Center, the Regional Family History Training Center, Family History Library and FamilySearch Support.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- 1260 South 400 West, Orem, Utah(White chapel across the street from Krispy Kreme.)
- Ring bell to gain access. Get a parking pass from center for use before 3 pm.
- Link to map: maps.google.com/maps/place
Open Hours: DAYS: Monday through Friday 10 am to 4 pm, Saturday 10 am to 1 pm
NIGHTS: Tuesday and Wednesday 6:30 pm to 9 pm.
(Call after 8pm. If no patrons are at center Staff may close the center.)
Group Reservation E-mail or Contact the Director, Marilyn Thomsen 801-787-8086
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: see Blog [htttp://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com http://sunsetheightsfhc.wordpress.com]/
Staff Training Meetings: Second Tuesday evening each month at 7 pm.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
- Record managment programs: Legacy, Rootsmagic, Ancestral Quest, Family Tree Maker, PAF, FamilyInsight
- Pedigree Resource File discs 1-145
- Microfilms and microfiche
- Scanner and Photoshop software
- Map My family Tree, PAF Companion
- AniMap Software.
- Nauvoo Database
- Mormon Immigration Vital Record Database
- Books to assist research such as: Sources, Red Book, Philmont Parish Register,
Hardware and Equipment
- Microfilm and microfiche reader
- 12 computers with access to familysearch.org portal
- Wireless internet access with plugs and room for tables and access for up to 30 laptops
Staff Research Specialties
Powerpoint presentations for Boy Scout Merit Badge
Classes for Young Women, Merry Miss Groups
FamilySearch Support Specialists
- England/British Isles
- Spanish/Central America
- LDS Research
- U. S. New England, Mid South, Southern
Resources in the Local Area
BYU Family History Regional Center, Orem Library, Utah Valley University. <fck:hr>
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.) <fck:hr>
Volunteer at the Center
(Seeking Volunteers able to serve on Saturdays and in the evening. Also a wiki blogger and a computer s Additonal helps ----Adding details to a FHC page article.