Difference between revisions of "Orem Utah Sunset Heights Family History Center"
|Line 66:||Line 66:|
=== May Classes:
=== May Classes:===
=== June Classes: ===
=== June Classes: ===
Revision as of 16:33, 23 April 2014
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Orem Utah Sunset Heights Multi-Stake Family History Center
We serve patrons in the four stake area of Cherry Hill, Lakeview, Sunset Heights and Vineyard. The location is adjacent to Utah Valley University.
• One-on-one assistance
• Free access to subscription websites
• Classes on Family Tree, FamilySearch, subscription websites and various research topics
1260 South 400 West, Orem, Utah Ring bell to gain access.
Get a parking pass from center for use before 3 pm.
Monday, Thursday and Friday: 10 am to 4 pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 10 am to 4 pm and 6:30 pm to 9 pm
(Call after 8 pm. If there are no patrons, staff may close the center.)
Closed Saturday and Sunday
Group Reservation: Contact Assistant Directors Rod (801-800-0252) or Pat (801-800-0025) Cuthbert to schedule the date and time.
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 16 through Wednesday, January 1, 2014
- Closed Martin Luther King Day - Monday January 20, 2014
- Closed Presidents Day - Monday, February 17, 2014
- Closed General Conference – Saturday, April 5, 1014
- Closed Memorial Day weekend - Saturday, May 24 and Monday May 26, 2014
- Closed Independence Day – Friday, July 4, and Saturday July 5, 2014
- Closed Pioneer Day – Thursday, July 24 , 2014
- Closed Labor Day – Monday, September 1, 2014
- Closed General Conference – Saturday, October 4, 2014
- Closed Friday October 31 after 4 pm, 2014
- Closed Thanksgiving - Wednesday after 1 pm, througjh Saturday, November 26-29, 2014
- Closed for Christmas and New Years - Monday, December 22 through Thursday, January 1, 2015
One on One Help
We offer BASIC HELP any time we ore open in three areas:
Getting Started with Your Family History - Using Family Tree - Using Family Search
Classes and Workshops
Our Focus this year is to teach you how to use the many tools found on FamilySearch.
Our classes are regularly scheduled during the 1st and 3rd weeks of each month.
One class is taught the first Tuesday at 11 am and repeated the first Thursday at 7 pm.
The second class is taught the 3rd Tuesday at 11 and repeated the 3rd Thursday at 7 pm.
In January, May and October the first of each class falls on a Thursday and is repeated the next Tuesday.
All classes are taught at Sunset Heights FHC.
May Classes: Focus on Youth and Family
Adding Memories to your Family Tree Thu May 1st@ 7pm or Tue May 6 @ 11am;
Photos or stories of grandparents or ancestors to share? Bring an ancestral photo, either digital or ready to scan, and be prepared to tell us something interesting about the person. No computer skills are necessary.
Family History Activities for Youth [Ideas for parents, youth leaders, F H consultants]
Thu, May 15@ 7pm or Tue, May 20 @11 am
Wanting to involve your youth in Family History activities?
This class provides ideas for engaging children and youth in Family History activities, giving them a connection to the past, an identity for the present, and a foundation for future success.