Ohio in the War of 1812
For the War of 1812, Ohio furnished 1,759 officers and 24,521 enlisted men, distributed as follows:
First Regiment Infantry, 108 Companies.
Second Regiment Infantry, 85 Companies.
Third Regiment Infantry, 56 Companies.
Unassigned Infantry, 185 Companies.
Assigned to U. S. Infantry, 5 Companies.
Mounted Infantry, 25 Companies.
Cavalry, 13 Troops.
Artillery, 1 Battery.
Another source detailed that Ohio supplied 21,643 infantry men, 2,814 cavalry men, 113 artillery men, and 133 men in miscellaneous troops for a total of 24,703 men.
- Ohio Historical Society, War of 1812, Roster of Ohio Soldiers, (accessed 11 May 2012). Free. This is a name searchable, digital version of Ohio. Adjutant General, Roster of Ohio Soldiers in the War of 1812 (s.l.: Clearfield Co., 1916). This book lists the men by regiment, company, and rank with the dates of the company's service. Digital book also on Internet Archive.
- United States. Work Projects Administration (Ohio), Ohio Roster of soldiers in the War of 1812 [Index], 657 pages. (film of typescript) FHL film 195485 Item 1
- Ohio. Adjutant General's Office, Soldiers from Ohio, War of 1812, (manuscript on film). FHL film, vol. 1 on film 195486 and vol. 2 on film 195487
- Roster of Ohio soldiers in the War of 1812, (Columbus, Ohio : Press of E. T. Miller Co., 1916). This is indexed in Grace Garner's and Jeff Linscott's books below. Digitized FHL Q book 977.1 M23r.
- Garner, Grace, Index to Roster of Ohio soldiers, War of 1812, (Spokane, Washington: Eastern Washington Genealogical Society, 1974), 119 pages. 977.1 M23r 1989 index
- Linscott, Jeff A, comp., An organized listing of the soldiers of Ohio who served in the War of 1812, (Colorado Springs, Colorado, ), 515 pages. FHL Book 977.1 M23r index
- Peters, Sunda Anderson and Kay Ballantyne Hudson: Ohio War of 1812 soldiers' family groups (Ohio Society, United States Daughters of 1812, c2005), 366 pages. FHL Book 977.1 M2
- Roster of Ohio Soldiers in the War of 1812, (Columbus, Ohio: Press of E. T. Miller Co., 1916). FHL Collection. Print version: FHL Q book 977.1 M23r.
- Phillips, W. Louis, Index to Ohio Pensioners of 1883, (Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, 1987). This index gives the names and residences of persons receiving federal pensions in 1883. This includes veterans of the Civil War and the War of 1812 or their widows. FHL book 977.1 M2ph and fiche 6087608.
- Miller, Phyllis Brown, Index to the grave records of servicemen of the War of 1812, state of Ohio, (Brookville, Ohio: Dillon's Printery, c1988), 278 pages. This index includes the name, rank, unit, birth and death dates of each soldier and his wife, sources of information, and year of entry of the graves registration form into Daughters of 1812 records. This source indexes 5,197 grave registration forms submitted between 1937 and 1987 by members of the United States Daughters of 1812 in the state of Ohio. FHL book 977.1V22.
- Diefenbach, Josephine and Mrs. C.O. Ross, Index to the grave records of soldiers of the War of 1812 buried in Ohio, (microfilm of original published: [S.l.: s.n., 1945]). 71 pages. FHL fiche 6100370.
- Snugden, John, Tecumseh's last stand (Norman, Oklahoma, University of Oklahoma Press, 1989). FHL Book 970.1 Su33
- Phillips, W. Louis, Annotated bibliography of Ohio patriots: Revolutionary War and War of 1812 (Bowie, Maryland: Heritage Books, c1985) 49 pages. FHL book 977.1 M23
- Slocum, Charles Elihu, The Ohio country between the years 1783 and 1815: including military operations that twice saved to the United States the country west of the Alleghany Mountains after the Revolutionary War, (New York: G.P. Putnam's Sons, 1910). 321 pages. FHL film 941311.
- Ohio War of 1812 Bicentennial Committee has lists of links for Ohio and the United States. It also has information about books, other resources, historical sites, etc.
- Ohio. Adjutant General. Roster of Ohio Soldiers in the War of 1812, (s.l.: Clearfield Co., 1916).
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.