Ohio, United States Genealogy
- This article is about a state of the United States. For other uses, see Ohio (disambiguation).
|Ohio Wiki Topics|
|Local Research Resources|
- Online Births 1856-1909; Marrs. 1790-1950; Deaths 1908-1953.
- The Feds, several states, & land com- panies transferred sought-after OH land in complex and differing ways.
- County by County in Ohio Genealogy is a free online OH State Library list.
Ohio Historical Society · State Library of Ohio · Ohio Genealogical Society · Western Reserve Historical Society · Ohio Network of American History Research Centers · National Archives Great Lakes Region (Chicago) · Newberry Library · Allen County Public Library
Braddock's Road · Forbes Road · Erie Canal · Great Trail · Kanawha Trail · Lake Erie · Lake Shore Path (or Lake Trail) · Maysville Turnpike · Miami and Erie Canal · Miami Path · National Road (or Cumberland Road) · Ohio and Erie Canal · Ohio River · Pennsylvania and Erie Canal · Scioto Trail · Tennessee, Ohio and Great Lakes Trail · Vincennes-Indianapolis-Detroit Road · Wabash and Erie Canal · Zane's Trace
- Join a community of Ohio researchers! Ask questions, help others, and share your research successes on Facebook and/or Skype. NEW!
- Find which county a town is in, what town a cemetery is in, and even where a post office or building is by using the United States Geographical Survey's Geographical Names Information System.
- The David Rumsey Map Collection is a large online collection of rare, old, antique historical atlases, globes, maps, charts, and other cartographic treasures.
- The Ohio GenWeb Project has a wealth of information and is a part of the larger online US GenWeb Project. The US GenWeb Project provides information on every county in every state in the United States.
- Courthouse addresses for all 88 Ohio counties.
- Jewish database for northeast Ohio.
- Ohio Memory is a collaborative project of the Ohio Historical Society and The State Library of Ohio.
Wiki articles describing online collections are found at:
- Ohio Births and Christenings (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Ohio Deaths and Burials (FamilySearchHistorical Records)
- Ohio Tax Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Ohio County Marriage Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Ohio Cuyahoga County Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Ohio Deaths (FamilySearch Historical Records)
- Ohio, Stark County Coroner's Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)
Did you know?
- The detailed guide to Ohio genealogical records, County by County in Ohio Genealogy is now available free.
- Did you know there are more people living in the United States with British ancestry than persons presently living in Britain who have British ancestry. Ohio has one of the highest concentrations of people with Welsh ancestry.
- The Stark County Ohio District Library has an impressive Genealogy division. Online histories, newspaper indexes, index to pedigree files, and a number of obituary indexes are available. You can also email the library for specific genealogical questions.
- All Ohio death certificates (1908 - 1953) are now available for free at FamilySearch Record Search; This includes the image and the data is indexed not only by the deceased, but also by the parents.
- Ohio Blacksheep Ancestors has indexes of infamous Ohio ancestors.
- The Ohio County Creation Dates and Parent Counties page lists the county, date formed and county formed from.