Ogden Family History Conference/2018
Set the date September 8, 2018 on your calendar for our next annual FamilySearch Library Family History Conference at Ogden Utah Weber State University. The conference will last all day Saturday and the Conference will be FREE to the public. It is free because of the Ogden FamilySearch Library partnership with the Weber State University History Department in the College of Social & Behavioral Sciences, who have donated the use of the Shepherd Union Building, where the conference will be located.
- We will have about 25 different vendors on site to tell about their amazing new products (for purchase) that will help you organize and research your family history work.
- We will have about 50 different class sessions for teaching and learning.
- We will have the Union Building Food Court Tres Habaneros and Waldos Grill which will be available from 11:00 to 2:00 for you to purchase hot lunches or other food items.
- The break between classes will be extended to 20 minutes to allow more time to visit the vendors or grab a bite to eat.
- Ballroom C will be focused on Young Single Adult family history interests.
- 15 Discovery Screens will be available, courtesy of FamilySearch.
- Personal help will be available for family history questions or software issues.
We are privileged to have Eric D and Megan Richards as our keynote speakers at 8:30 am. He is a well known speaker in Utah and is currently an Institute of Religion teacher at Utah State. He maintains an active blog site,where you can learn about him, his activities and interests.
Weber State University
Weber State University will again host our Conference in the Shepherd Union Building.
- The below links will show you the campus and the Shepherd Union Building.
- See the WSU Campus MAP
- Parking--- Free parking close to the conference is at the "PPL" pay parking lot is located just southwest of the Union Bldg. All "Permit" lots on Saturday are free and open parking, however never park in restricted or reserved spots.
- It is recommended that the best handicap parking would be in Lot W8, located just south of the Kimball Arts bldg, as no stairs are present.
- See the Shepherd Union Building LAYOUT
Class Titles & Class Descriptions
This is the link to the Class Titles & Class Descriptions. You will find them listed alphabetically by the Presenter.
Ogden FamilySearch Library
The Ogden FSL is currently located at 539 24th Street in Ogden Utah and will relocate to the Ogden FamilySearch Discovery Center located to the south of the Ogden Temple (when completed in the spring of 2019). Outstanding ongoing classes, training and field trips are available year round by contacting: via email UT_OGDEN@ldsmail.net or phone 801-626-1132. The web site may be accessed by clicking HERE.
If you are curious about the range of subjects or quality of our presenters you can access the 2017 Conference by clicking HERE