Ocean County, New Jersey Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:28, 9 October 2010 by Gulbrandsenlk (add nav box)
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- Named for the Atlantic Ocean.
- 1857, boundary with Burlington County clarified.
- 1869, part of Plumsted twp. to Monmouth County.
- 1891, received Little Egg Harbor twp. from Burlington County.
- 1906, coastal boundary defined.
- 1928, part of Howell twp. from Monmouth County.
US Vol. 1 page 20 - Torry Cemetery, at Lakehurst
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), 181. [FHL book 973 D27e 2002].