Oakhurst California Family History Center
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address 49967 Rd 427, Oakhurst, California 93644
- Location of Map
Phone: (559) 683-8878
- Tues-Fri: 10am-2pm
- Wed evening: 6:30-8:30PM
Holiday Schedule: Closed also during inclimate weather that shuts down hwy.41 at Deadwood.
Calendar and Events
April 18, 2012 12:00 P.M. Organinizing your years of Records
A guest speaker will discuss using the Excell program to organize your years of records
Bring a flash drive if you would like copies of the sheets shown
April 18: 2012 1:00 P.M. Using Excell to keep track of the 1940 census
Staff Training Meetings
1st Tues of every month.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Film: More than 300 rolls of varrious records.
- Census Records
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
- Free Internet Affiliate Programs: Ancestery.com, Footnote.com, Alexander Street Press, Heritage Quest, Godfrey Memorial Library, Find my Past.co.uk, Genline.com and many others.
Hardware and Equipment
- 6 Computers
- 4 Microfilm Readers
- desks & tables
- Forms and more!
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)