O'Fallon Illinois Family History Center
This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.
The O'Fallon, Illinois Family History Center serves the towns of O'Fallon, Shiloh, Belleville, Fairview Heights, Glen Carbon, Edwardsville, and many more in the surrounding counties of St. Clair, Madison, and Randolph.
- 1 Center Contacts and Hours
- 2 Calendar and Events
- 3 Center Resources
- 4 Center Services
- 5 Resources in the Local Area
- 6 Links
- 7 Volunteer at the Center
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
255 Fairwood Hills Drive
O'Fallon, IL 62269
Open Hours: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm and 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday; Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
Holiday Schedule: Closed Thanksgiving week and 2 weeks during the Christmas holidays.
Calendar and Events
The FHC Training Coordinator will be giving a presentation at the Madison County Genealogical Society on Thursday, October 13, 2011. The presentation will include what is available on the shelves at the O'Fallon, Illinois FHC and what is offered on the FHC Portal.
The Madison County Genealogical Society meets at the Edwardsville Public Library, 112 S Kansas Street in Edwardsville. The meeting begins at 7:00 pm.
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has access to the Family History Library Catalog. You may place your order for any of the films and fiche available for circulation. Staff members will be able to assist in the process, but will not be able to place the orders for you. You may now submit your orders online using a debit, credit, or prepaid card or using a PayPal account.
- Small collection of research aids, resources, and genealogical books are shelved in this center. This includes The Compendium of American Genealogy, St. Clair Co. Marriages 1775-1905, various cemetery records, and other resources from St. Clair Co. as well as resources from other counties in Illinois, and other states.
- A large microfiche collection, organized into two categories: locality & surname. This collection includes many research aids as well as records from England, Germany, and various US states.
- There is also an extensive microfilm collection, again organized into locality & surname categories. There are quite a few German Church Records and local Illinois records on microfilm. We have Clinton County Marriages, Naturalizations, Births, Deaths and Wills; St. Clair County Naturalizations; and various other records from other counties and states.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- Eight computer stations for research are available to the patron. Two printers, a copy machine, and a film/fiche reader/printer are also at the patron's disposal.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Belleville Public Library houses a genealogy collection. They have microfilm of Belleville and East Saint Louis newspapers, and an index to the obituaries from the newspapers.
Volunteer at the Center
We welcome volunteers with or without experience. The best way to learn is by doing. We'll help you get started and before you know it, you'll be helping someone else.
Contact the Family History Center Director at 618-632-0210.