Norwich St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy
|Norwich St Andrew, Norfolk|
|Poor Law Union||Norwich|
|Parish registers: 1558|
|Bishop's Transcripts: 1602|
|Probate Court||Court of the Archdeaconry of Norwich|
|Location of Archive|
|Norfolk Record Office|
Norwich, parl. and mun. bor., city, co. town of Norfolk, and co. in itself, on river Wensum, 20 miles W. of Yarmouth and 114 NE. of London by rail.Norwich St Andrew is an Ancient Parish in the City and Diocese of Norwich. John Bartholomew. 1887.
The tower is the oldest part and dates from 1478 with the rest of the building erected by 1506, replacing an existing structure.
It had links to John Robinson, a freelance clergyman who became pastor to the Pilgrim Fathers before their emigration to the New World.
"St Andrew’s was a wealthy parish and the church was well situated on the main route from the market to the Cathedral with Princes Street being the traditional route to Tombland and the cathedral."
Norwich St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy parish registers of christenings, marriages and burials are available online for the following years:
|Norwich St Andrew, Norfolk Genealogy Online Records|
|FS PRs||Undefined||1558-1754, 1774-1935||Undefined||1558-1901||Undefined||1558-1754, 1774-1960|
||to 1650, 1780-1837||
Civil Registration Districts
- registration events post 1837 may be searched online at Free BMD
Poor Law Unions
Census records from 1841 to 1911 are available online. For access, see England Census Records and Indexes Online. Census records from 1841 to 1891 are also available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library.
Maps and Gazetteers
Maps are a visual look at the locations in England. Gazetteers contain brief summaries about a place.
- England Jurisdictions 1851
- Cassini Ordnance Survey Map (Incl 1838, 1898-1899, 1922 and present day). www.cassinimaps.com
•Vision of Britain
Norwich Historic Churches Trust http://www.norwich-churches.org/index.asp
http://www.georgeplunkett.co.uk for historic photographs of the church
- John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles described Norwich like this: |Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles]], 1887. Date accessed: 26 September 2013.
- History of the Church of St Andrew Norwich Norwich Historic Churches Trust
- 'Norfolk Coverage', FreeREG, accessed 27 February 2014.
- 'England, Norfolk, Parish Registers (County Record Office), 1538-1900', FamilySearch, accessed 17 March 2014.
- Hugh Wallis, 'IGI Batch Numbers for Norfolk, England,' IGI Batch Numbers, accessed 20 March 2014.
- 'Norfolk Coverage,' The Joiner Marriage Index, accessed 10 February 2014.
- Pallot's Marriage and Births Indexes: Guide to Parishes, n.d.; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- 'Norfolk Baptism Project 1813 to 1880,' Tinstaafl Transcripts, accessed 10 April 2014.