Northampton County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 23:03, 12 August 2011 by Murphynw (Savage)
United States Virginia Northampton County Northampton County Genealogy
- Main article: Northampton County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Ball] Lombus, William. Edward Cockrell's Virginia Ancestors, ca. 1630-1822. Park Hills, Ky.: W. Lombus, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 C647L
- [Barecraft] Russell, George Ely. "John and Jane Barcroft of Boston, Mass., and Virginia," The American Genealogist, Vol. 67, No. 2 (Apr. 1992):112-113. FHL Collection
- [Covington] Covington, Elbert E. Covington and Kin. DeSoto, Illinois: E.E. Covington, 1973?. FHL Collection; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Delaymos] Russell, George Ely. "Portuguese and Spanish Colonists in Seventeenth-Century Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 76, No. 1 (January 2001):50-60; Vol. 77, No. 1 (Apr. 2001):138-147. FHL Collection
- [Douglas] Harris, Ruth Eleanor Poole. Ruth Eleanor Douglas Journal: With Genealogies of Douglas, Noell, Callaway, Clemens, Moorman and Other Related Bedford County, Virginia Families, Also Genealogies of Douglas Families of Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri. Nashville, Tennessee: Douglas Family Publishers, 1979. FHL Collection
- [Dye] Baldwin, Patrick James. Family History of Cyril Winton Dye, 1608-1970. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Elliott] Carey, Mary Frances, Barry W. Miles, and Moody K. Miles. Colonial Families of the Eastern Shore of Virginia. 3 vols. Lewes, Delaware: Colonial Roots, 2004-2007. FHL Collection
- [Graves] Graves, John Card, R.A. Brock, and Charles Marshall Graves. The Graves Family of Eastern Virginia, 1608-1936. [United States: J.C. Graves, 1936?]. FHL Collection
- [Griffith] Griffin, A. Ray. The Jerom Griffith Family of Northampton County, Virginia, 1644-1727 Supplement Number One to Along the Neuse: The Craven Bryan Griffin Family, 1728-1992. Danville, Va.: A.R. Griffin, 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 G875gar supp. no. 1
- [Harrison] Harrison, James E. Harrison Families in 17th Century Virginia: A Primer. Oklahoma City, Okla.: J.E. Harrison, 1994. FHL Book 929.273 H245he
- [Holbrook] Peterson, Robert Karl. "Jane (Smith) Holbrook of New Jersey and Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 5, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1961):36. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 5 (1961).
- [Holloway] Holloway, Bessie Gibbes Cheatham. Holloways of the Eastern Shore, and Descendants Near & Far, 1066-1985: Including Adkins, Davis, Dennis, Godfrey, Hudson, Jones, Kenney, Long, Massey, Mumford, Parker, Parsons, Perdue, Shockley, Thompson, Wright and Others. Salisbury, Maryland: B.G.C. Holloway, c1985. FHL Collection
- [Hubbard] Stubbs, Margaret Arlene Hubbard and Ben Riggins. Harwell Hubbard - Carpenters of Hog Island (Northampton Co., Va.) and Descendants and Associated Families. MSS., microfilmed 1990. FHL Collection 1683131 Item 1
- [Hudson] Hudson, Millard Fillmore. Hudsons of the Eastern Shore: The Original Settlers of that Name in Northampton and Accomac Counties, Virginia and Their Descendants in Somerset and Worcester Counties, Maryland; Sussex County, Delaware and Other Places: With Notes of Other Families. Typescript, pre-1937. 2000 reprint. FHL Collection 929.273 H867hmf
- [Joynes] Johnson, Susie Warren. "The Joynes Family of Accomack and Northampton Counties, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Oct., 1938), pp. 499-505. Digital version at JSTOR($).
- [Lipsey] Hall, Pat Rogers. Descendants of James Lipsey of Northampton, VA. Temecula, Calif.: P.R. Hall, 2009. FHL Collection 929.273 L668hp
- [Littleton] Wise, Matthew M. The Littleton Heritage: Some American Descendants of Col. Nathaniel Littleton (1605-1654) of Northampton Co., Virginia, and His Royal Forbears. West Columbia, S.C.: Wentworth Printing, 1997. FHL Collection 929.273 L734w
- [London] Richardson, Douglas. "Ambrose London of New York, Virginia and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 58, No. 3 (Jul. 1982):160-163. FHL 973 D25aga v. 58
- [London] Richardson, Douglas. "Major Ambrose London of New York, Virginia, and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 64, No. 2 (April 1989):75-78. FHL Collection 973 D25aga
- [Manlove] Russell, George Ely. "The Migrations of Mark Manlove (ca.1617-1666) in New England, Virginia, and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 61, No. 2 (Jul./Oct. 1985):71-76. FHL Collection 973 D25aga v. 61
- [Nottingham] Nottingham, William Prosser. Some of the Ancestry of the Rev. Luther Nottingham (1817-1867) of Northampton County, Virginia. Indianapolis, Ind.: W.P. Nottingham, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 N849n
- [Nottingham] Nottingham, Cedric T. The Virginian Connection: A Narrative Genealogical Account of the Paternal Ancestors of a Family of Nottinghams in England that Traces the Family Lack from the Present Time to the Nottingham Family Who Settled Near Eastville, in Northampton Co. Virginia in the Early 1640s, and Which Then Traces the Family Line Back in England to Around the Year 1400. Eastrea, England: C.T. Nottingham, 2002. FHL Collection 929.273 N849nc
- [Pettyjohn] Chamberlain, Era Jane Pettijohn and Clive Abraham Pettijohn. Something of the Pettijohn (Pettyjohn) Family with Particular Reference to the Descendants of James Pettyjohn of Hungar's Parish, Northampton County, Va. Spokane, Wash.: Shaw & Borden Co., 1948. FHL Collection 1597896 Item 16
- [Pigott] Pigott, William Elijah. Descendants of Francis Pigott of Northampton Co., Virginia Circa 1616-1684. Bountiful, Utah: Family History Publishers, 1999. FHL Collection 929.273 P629p; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Record] Record, Eunice C. Ancestors and Descendants of John Record and Ann Calloway of Sussex County, Delaware, Kentucky, Somerset County, Maryland and Northampton, Virginia. Typescript, microfilmed 1969. FHL Collection 599224 Item 1
- [Robins] Robins, Thomas. Outline of Robins Family History in England and America, ca.1210-1939. MSS., 1939, New York City; microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Robins] Walter, Alice Granbery. Robyns--Robins Co. Northampton, England, 1377-1620; 1620-1628, Jamestown Island, Va.; 1628-1692, Northampton Co., Virginia; 1692-1798, Chincoteague Island, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Va.: A.G. Walter, 1971. FHL Collection US/CAN Pedigree File no. 1192.
- [Rose] Rose, Christine. Abstracts of Early Virginia Rose Estates: Wills, Inventories, Accounts and Administrator's Bonds before 1850. San Jose, Calif.: Rose Family Bulletin, 1972. FHL Collection 975.5 A1 no. 56; digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [Savage] Starke, Aubrey H. "Hankins - Savage Family Records," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 3, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1959):122-125. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 3 (1959).
- [Scarburgh] See Wise.
- [Selleck] Kaufmann, Paulette Clark. "David Selleck, of Somerset, England, and of Massachusetts and Virginia," The Genealogist, Vol. 19, No. 1 (Spring 2005):3-40.
- [Selleck] Stott, Clifford L. and Paulette Clark Kaufmann. "The Selleck Family of Gaulden Manor, Tolland, Somerset: Ancestors of David Selleck of Boston, Massachusetts, and Virginia," The American Genealogist, Vol. 81, No. 1 (Jan. 2006):36-47. FHL Collection
- [Tyson] Tyson and May Genealogy Committee and Roger Kammerer. The Tyson and May Genealogy of Pitt County. n.p.: Tyson and May Genealogy Committee, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 T987k
- [Wise] Wise, Jennings Cropper. Col. John Wise of England and Virginia (1617-1695). Richmond, Va.: Bell Book and Stationery Co., c1918. FHL Collection; digital versions at Ancestry ($) and Family History Archives.
- [Yarborough] Nickolaus, Marineal Yarborough. Yarborough and Related Families. Houston, Texas: M.Y. Nickolaus, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 Y2n
- [Yardley] Yeardley or Yardley, Northampton County, Virginia. Genealogical loose papers / [collected by] Department of Archives and History. 27th family on film. FHL Film 288191