Difference between revisions of "Northampton County, Virginia Compiled Genealogies"
(completed FHLC keyword search for genealogies with keywords "Northampton, Virginia" (results 101-200))
|Line 13:||Line 13:|
=== General ===
=== General ===
As of November 2010, a query for [http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=Search&includedb=&lang=en&ti=&surname=&stype=Exact&given=&bplace=Northampton+Virginia&byear=&brange=0&dplace=&dyear=&drange=0&mplace=&myear=&mrange=0&father=&mother=&spouse=&skipdb=&period=All&submit.x=Search individuals born in Northampton, Virginia] at ''[[World Connect|World Connect]]'', results in more than 30,000 entries.
As of November 2010, a query for [http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=Search&includedb=&lang=en&ti=&surname=&stype=Exact&given=&bplace=Northampton+Virginia&byear=&brange=0&dplace=&dyear=&drange=0&mplace=&myear=&mrange=0&father=&mother=&spouse=&skipdb=&period=All&submit.x=Search individuals born in Northampton, Virginia] at ''[[World Connect|World Connect]]'', results in more than 30,000 entries
=== Bibliography ===
=== Bibliography ===
Revision as of 16:35, 16 August 2011United States Virginia Northampton County Northampton County Genealogy
- Main article: Northampton County, Virginia
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
For information about the earliest colonists of Northampton County, Virginia, McCartney's work is a great place to start:
- McCartney, Martha W. Virginia Immigrants and Adventurers 1607-1635: A Biographical Dictionary. Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Pub. Co., 2007. Available at FHL US/CAN Book 975.5 D36m; purchase at Genealogical Publishing Company.
- [Adams] Krauss, Jewell Bell. Adams - Bell Genealogies and Allied Families. Astoria, Ill.: Stevens Pub., 1983. FHL Book 929.273 Ad17k.
- [Ball] Lombus, William. Edward Cockrell's Virginia Ancestors, ca. 1630-1822. Park Hills, Ky.: W. Lombus, 1992. FHL Book 929.273 C647L
- [Barecraft] Russell, George Ely. "John and Jane Barcroft of Boston, Mass., and Virginia," The American Genealogist, Vol. 67, No. 2 (Apr. 1992):112-113. FHL Collection
- [Callis] McGinnis, Helena Callis. The Callis Family in England and the USA 1086-1998. Saline, Mich.: McNaughton and Gunn, 1998. FHL Book 929.273 C134m 1998.
- [Clegg] McCormack, Joseph Lawrence and Nancy Jane Bernice Tucker McCormack. The Ancestors, Descendants and Other Kin of Nancy Jane Bernice Tucker McCormack: Daughter of the Confederacy, Daughter of the War of 1812, Daughter of the American Revolution, Colonial Dame XVIII Century, Magna Charta Dame, First Families of Texas. Texarkana, Texas: J.L. & N.J.B.T. McCormack, 1999. FHL Book 929.273 T793m.
- [Cogan] Scroggins, Ivan. And Peace Abounds: A Story of the Scroggins Family in Indiana. Franklin, Ind.: I. Scroggins, 1993. FHL Book 929.273 Scr52sc.
- [Covington] Covington, Elbert E. Covington and Kin. DeSoto, Illinois: E.E. Covington, 1973?. FHL Collection; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Covington] Dungan, Robert Edward. Covington and Allied Families of the Northern Neck of Virginia. Fredericksburg, Va.: R.E. Dungan, 1991. FHL Book 929.273 C838dr.
- [Custis] Crowson, E. Thomas. Life as Revealed through Early American Court Records: Including the Story of Col. John Custis of Arlington, Queen's Creek and Williamsburg. Easley, S.C.: Southern Historical Press, 1981. FHL Book 975.51 H2c.
- [Delaymos] Russell, George Ely. "Portuguese and Spanish Colonists in Seventeenth-Century Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 76, No. 1 (January 2001):50-60; Vol. 77, No. 1 (Apr. 2001):138-147. FHL Collection
- [Douglas] Harris, Ruth Eleanor Poole. Ruth Eleanor Douglas Journal: With Genealogies of Douglas, Noell, Callaway, Clemens, Moorman and Other Related Bedford County, Virginia Families, Also Genealogies of Douglas Families of Tennessee, Kentucky, Missouri. Nashville, Tennessee: Douglas Family Publishers, 1979. FHL Collection
- [Dye] Baldwin, Patrick James. Family History of Cyril Winton Dye, 1608-1970. MSS., microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection
- [Elliott] Carey, Mary Frances, Barry W. Miles, and Moody K. Miles. Colonial Families of the Eastern Shore of Virginia. 3 vols. Lewes, Delaware: Colonial Roots, 2004-2007. FHL Collection
- [Esham] Walden, Thomas K. The Ancestry of William Handy Esham and Lucy Jane Thomas of Lewis County, Kentucky. North Palm Beach, Fla.: T.K. Walden, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 Es33wt.
- [Francis] Latimer, Frances Bibbins. The Journey of a Multi-Racial Family: Six Generations of the Eastern Shore Francis Family. Eastville, Va.: Hickory House, 2008. FHL Book 929.273 F847Lf.
- [Graves] Graves, John Card, R.A. Brock, and Charles Marshall Graves. The Graves Family of Eastern Virginia, 1608-1936. [United States: J.C. Graves, 1936?]. FHL Collection
- [Griffith] Griffin, A. Ray. The Jerom Griffith Family of Northampton County, Virginia, 1644-1727 Supplement Number One to Along the Neuse: The Craven Bryan Griffin Family, 1728-1992. Danville, Va.: A.R. Griffin, 1995. FHL Collection 929.273 G875gar supp. no. 1
- [Gurley] Gurley, A.E., Charles Rogers, and Henry Porter Andrews. The History and Genealogy of the Gurley Family. Hartford, Conn.: Case, Lockwood & Brainard, 1897. FHL Film 1321180 Item 7; digital version at Family History Archives.
[Hales] Hale, Nancy E. James Hales Sr. of Knox Co., Ky.: His Descendants and Kin. Lawton, Okla.: N.E. Hale, c1985, 1988. FHL Book 929.273 H137hn.
- [Harris] Wiggins, Kathryn. The Harris Papers: A Genealogical Notebook. Camarillo, Calif.: K. Wiggins, 1968?. FHL Book 929.273 H24w.
- [Harrison] Harrison, James E. Harrison Families in 17th Century Virginia: A Primer. Oklahoma City, Okla.: J.E. Harrison, 1994. FHL Book 929.273 H245he
- [Hathcock] Hathcock, Douglas Wilburn and Debra J. Baugh. Hathcock Family Hsitory. 10 vols. Huntsville, Ala.: D.W. Hathcock, 1970-. FHL Book 929.273 H281ha v. 1-v. 10.
- [Holbrook] Peterson, Robert Karl. "Jane (Smith) Holbrook of New Jersey and Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 5, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1961):36. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 5 (1961).
- [Holbrook] Tallant, Winnie. Migration of Holbrooks from England to America and Forsyth County, Georgia. Cumming, Ga.: W. Tallent, [1984?]. FHL Book 929.273 H673t.
- [Holloway] Holloway, Bessie Gibbes Cheatham. Holloways of the Eastern Shore, and Descendants Near & Far, 1066-1985: Including Adkins, Davis, Dennis, Godfrey, Hudson, Jones, Kenney, Long, Massey, Mumford, Parker, Parsons, Perdue, Shockley, Thompson, Wright and Others. Salisbury, Maryland: B.G.C. Holloway, c1985. FHL Collection
- [Hubbard] Stubbs, Margaret Arlene Hubbard and Ben Riggins. Harwell Hubbard - Carpenters of Hog Island (Northampton Co., Va.) and Descendants and Associated Families. MSS., microfilmed 1990. FHL Collection 1683131 Item 1
- [Hudson] Hudson, Millard Fillmore. Hudsons of the Eastern Shore: The Original Settlers of that Name in Northampton and Accomac Counties, Virginia and Their Descendants in Somerset and Worcester Counties, Maryland; Sussex County, Delaware and Other Places: With Notes of Other Families. Typescript, pre-1937. 2000 reprint. FHL Collection 929.273 H867hmf
- [Jester] Tompkins, Norma L. Jester-Spencer, 1608-1996. Dallas, Texas: N.L. Tompkins, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 J499t.
- [Joynes] Johnson, Susie Warren. "The Joynes Family of Accomack and Northampton Counties, Virginia," The William and Mary Quarterly, Second Series, Vol. 18, No. 4 (Oct., 1938), pp. 499-505. Digital version at JSTOR($).
- [Kendall] Kendall, John Smith. Genealogy of the Kendall Family in Virginia, Kentucky, Louisiana and Texas: With Notes on Allied Families, Particularly Those Connected with the Louisiana Branch. Washington, D.C.: J.S. Kendall, 1939. FHL Film 1402803.
- [Lipsey] Hall, Pat Rogers. Descendants of James Lipsey of Northampton, VA. Temecula, Calif.: P.R. Hall, 2009. FHL Collection 929.273 L668hp
- [Littleton] Wise, Matthew M. The Littleton Heritage: Some American Descendants of Col. Nathaniel Littleton (1605-1654) of Northampton Co., Virginia, and His Royal Forbears. West Columbia, S.C.: Wentworth Printing, 1997. FHL Collection 929.273 L734w
- [London] Richardson, Douglas. "Ambrose London of New York, Virginia and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 58, No. 3 (Jul. 1982):160-163. FHL 973 D25aga v. 58
- [London] Richardson, Douglas. "Major Ambrose London of New York, Virginia, and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 64, No. 2 (April 1989):75-78. FHL Collection 973 D25aga
- [Manlove] Kelly, Oliver Harmon, Lavina V. Walton, and Oliver Harmon Kelly Family. History and Genealogy of the Manlove - Tharp - Reamer - Smith - Kelly Pioneer Families of Schuyler County, Illinois. Fort Knox, Ky.: The Oliver Harmon Kelly Family, 1976. FHL Book 929.273 M315ko.
- [Manlove] Russell, George Ely. "The Migrations of Mark Manlove (ca.1617-1666) in New England, Virginia, and Maryland," The American Genealogist, Vol. 61, No. 2 (Jul./Oct. 1985):71-76. FHL Collection 973 D25aga v. 61
- [Mapp] Eichelberger, N. Pierce. The Mapp Family on the Eastern Shore of Virginia. Quinby, Va.: N.P. Eichelberger, 1972. FHL Book 929.273 M322en.
- [Nottingham] Nottingham, William Prosser. Some of the Ancestry of the Rev. Luther Nottingham (1817-1867) of Northampton County, Virginia. Indianapolis, Ind.: W.P. Nottingham, 1980. FHL Collection 929.273 N849n
- [Nottingham] Nottingham, Cedric T. The Virginian Connection: A Narrative Genealogical Account of the Paternal Ancestors of a Family of Nottinghams in England that Traces the Family Lack from the Present Time to the Nottingham Family Who Settled Near Eastville, in Northampton Co. Virginia in the Early 1640s, and Which Then Traces the Family Line Back in England to Around the Year 1400. Eastrea, England: C.T. Nottingham, 2002. FHL Collection 929.273 N849nc
- [Nutter] Forney, Jeanne Bridges. The Nutters of Nutter's Fort. Englewood, Ohio: J.B. Forney, 1994.
- [Nutter] Eastom, Tim, Ed Nutter, and Jeanne Bridges Forney. Just a Nutter Book: Nutter's of Nutter Fort, The Next Generation. 2 vols. n.p.: T. Eastom, 2002?. FHL Book 929.273 N964e v. 1-v. 2.
- [Payne] Payne, Charles D. Daniel Payne of Accomacke: and Some of His Descendants. 2 vols. n.p.: C.D. Payne, 2008. FHL Book 929.273 P293pc v. 1; digital version of Volume 1 at Family History Archives.
- [Pettyjohn] Chamberlain, Era Jane Pettijohn and Clive Abraham Pettijohn. Something of the Pettijohn (Pettyjohn) Family with Particular Reference to the Descendants of James Pettyjohn of Hungar's Parish, Northampton County, Va. Spokane, Wash.: Shaw & Borden Co., 1948. FHL Collection 1597896 Item 16
- [Pigott] Pigott, William Elijah. Descendants of Francis Pigott of Northampton Co., Virginia Circa 1616-1684. Bountiful, Utah: Family History Publishers, 1999. FHL Collection 929.273 P629p; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Porter] Porter, William Arthur. The Descendants of Peter Porter, an Emigrant of 1621. Minneapolis, Minn.: Argus Publishing Co., 1937. FHL Book 929.273 P833pw.
[Prettyman] Prettyman, Edgar Cannon. The Prettyman Family in England and America, 1361-1968. Hollywood, Fla.: E.C. Prettyman, 1968. FHL Film 1697568 Item 3.
- [Quillin] Honeywell, Mary E. Quillen. The Quillen Family, an Ohio Branch. Columbus, Ohio: M.E.Q. Honeywell, 1966. FHL Film 1429797 Item 2.
- [Quillin] McCabe, Vernon W. Descendants of the Quillen Family (Quillin) of the Delmarva Peninsula. Ocean City, Md.: V.W. McCabe, 1996. FHL Book 929.273 Q41m.
- [Record] Record, Eunice C. Ancestors and Descendants of John Record and Ann Calloway of Sussex County, Delaware, Kentucky, Somerset County, Maryland and Northampton, Virginia. Typescript, microfilmed 1969. FHL Collection 599224 Item 1
- [Reeves] Reeves-Graybill, Edward Earl. Our Family History. Alexandria, Va.: E.E. Reeves-Graybill, 1993. FHL Book 929.273 A1 no. 6086.
- [Renshaw] Renshaw, Grace Parke. Renshaw Reflections. Baltimore, Md.: Gateway Press, Inc., 1983. FHL Book 929.273 R297r.
- [Robins] Robins, Thomas. Outline of Robins Family History in England and America, ca.1210-1939. MSS., 1939, New York City; microfilmed reproduction: FHL Collection; see also FHL Book 929.273 R553r.
- [Robins] Walter, Alice Granbery. Robyns--Robins Co. Northampton, England, 1377-1620; 1620-1628, Jamestown Island, Va.; 1628-1692, Northampton Co., Virginia; 1692-1798, Chincoteague Island, Virginia. Virginia Beach, Va.: A.G. Walter, 1971. FHL Collection US/CAN Pedigree File no. 1192.
- [Rose] Rose, Christine. Abstracts of Early Virginia Rose Estates: Wills, Inventories, Accounts and Administrator's Bonds before 1850. San Jose, Calif.: Rose Family Bulletin, 1972. FHL Collection 975.5 A1 no. 56; digital version at Heritage Quest Online ($).
- [Savage] Starke, Aubrey H. "Hankins - Savage Family Records," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 3, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1959):122-125. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 3 (1959).
- [Scarburgh] See Wise.
- [Scroggins] See Cogan.
- [Selleck] Kaufmann, Paulette Clark. "David Selleck, of Somerset, England, and of Massachusetts and Virginia," The Genealogist, Vol. 19, No. 1 (Spring 2005):3-40.
- [Selleck] Stott, Clifford L. and Paulette Clark Kaufmann. "The Selleck Family of Gaulden Manor, Tolland, Somerset: Ancestors of David Selleck of Boston, Massachusetts, and Virginia," The American Genealogist, Vol. 81, No. 1 (Jan. 2006):36-47. FHL Collection
- [Swindell] Davidson, Wayne E. Swindell Stories. Summitville, Ind.: W.E. Davidson, 2001?. FHL Book 929.273 Sw63d.
- [Traherne] Purslow, Vera E. and Anne E. Gill. Centuries of Traherne Families; The Families of the Eastern Shores, U.S.A., 1638-1819: Charts "A" and "B," 17th & 18th Centuries. 1983. FHL US/CAN Pedigree File no. 1116 pt. 15-16.
- [Tyson] Tyson and May Genealogy Committee and Roger Kammerer. The Tyson and May Genealogy of Pitt County. n.p.: Tyson and May Genealogy Committee, 1987. FHL Book 929.273 T987k
- [Tyson] Barton, Jerry Tyson. Tyson Family History: Descendants of John & Susannika Tyson. Georgetown, Texas: Tyson Genealogy Network, 2000. FHL Book 929.273 T988bj v. 1; digital version at Family History Archives.
- [Wise] Wise, Jennings Cropper. Col. John Wise of England and Virginia (1617-1695). Richmond, Va.: Bell Book and Stationery Co., c1918. FHL Collection; digital versions at Ancestry ($) and Family History Archives.
- [Yarborough] Nickolaus, Marineal Yarborough. Yarborough and Related Families. Houston, Texas: M.Y. Nickolaus, 1983. FHL Book 929.273 Y2n
- [Yardley] Yeardley or Yardley, Northampton County, Virginia. Genealogical loose papers / [collected by] Department of Archives and History. 27th family on film. FHL Film 288191