North Carolina in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 18:33, 15 June 2012 by Cgmills (moved and edited source)
During the War of 1812, North Carolina supplied 13,739 infantry men, 267 cavalry men, and 131 artillery men for a total of 14,137 men.
Explanation of the Major Record Types
- Pearson, Thomas A., comp. Genealogical Records of the War of 1812: an Introduction and Selected Bibliography of Materials in the Collection of St. Louis Public Library. (St. Louis, Missouri: St. Louis Public Library, July 2004).
- Internet Archives. Muster Rolls of the Soldiers of the War of 1812 - Detached from the Militia of North Carolina.(Free). Digital version of text printed by Stone & Ussell, 1873).
- Ancestry. War of 1812 Service Records.($). This database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825.(Accessed 11 May 2012).
- Toler, Maurice S. Muster rolls of the soldiers of the war of 1812 , (Baltimore, Maryland 1976) pages 193. detached from the militia of North Carolina in 1812 and 1814.
- Index to roster of North Carolina soldiers in War of 1812 (North Carolina Division of Archives and History, 1970). FHL film 1760537
- Fold3. North Carolina War of 1812 Pension Files . (Free). Alphabetical by surname. Shows entire pension file for those who are digitized. Incomplete as of 1 June 2012.
- North Carolina War of 1812 pensioners and others on the pension rolls as of January 1, 1883 (Cullman, Alabama: Gregath, 1983) pages 43 FHL book 975.6 M2
- Burns, Annie Walker: North Carolina pension abstracts of the Revolution, War of 1812 and Indian wars (Salt Lake City, Utah: Digitized by the Genealogical Society of Utah, c2009) Link. Also searchable on Ancestry.
- Lemmon, Sarah McCulloh. Raliegh, North Carolina. (North Carolina Department of Cultural Resource, Division of Archives and History, 1971 c 19840 55 pages FHL book 975.6 A1
- North Carolina Department of Cultural Resources. North Carolina War of 1812 Bicentennial includes informational circular, database of known military units from North Carolina, and other collections.
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.