Nisqually Indian Agency (Washington)
Indian Tribes Associated With This Agency
The 1900 federal census included population schedules for the Nisqually Indian Reservation. The census includes the non-Indian employees of the Nisqually Agency, as well as many pages of Indian Population Schedules for the native population of the Reservation. They are recorded as District 155, Nisqually Indian Reservation, in Pierce County, Washington.
- American Indians: A Select Catalog of National Archives Microfilm Publications. Washington DC: National Archives Trust Fund Board, National Archives and Records Administration, 1998.
- Hill, Edward E. (comp.). Guide to Records in the National Archives of the United States Relating to American Indians. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Service, General Services Administration, 1981.
- Hill, Edward E. The Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880: Historical Sketches. New York, New York: Clearwater Publishing Company, Inc., 1974.
- Historical Sketches for Jurisdictional and Subject Headings Used for the Letters Received by the Office of Indian Affairs, 1824-1880. National Archives Microcopy T1105.
- Preliminary Inventory No. 163: Records of the Bureau of Indian Affairs. Washington DC: National Archives and Records Services. Available online