Niobrara County, Wyoming Genealogy
Guide to Niobrara County Wyoming genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Niobrara County, Wyoming|
Location of Wyoming in the U.S.
|Founded||February 14, 1911|
|Address|| Niobrara County Courthouse|
424 S Elm
PO Box 420
Lusk, WY 82225
Niobrara County Website
- 1 Historical Facts
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- Parent County: organized 14 February 1911 from Converse
- County seat: Lusk 
- Neighboring Counties: Converse | Custer County, South Dakota | Fall River County, South Dakota | Goshen | Platte | Sioux County, Nebraska | Weston
|Hat Creek (hist.)||Lance Creek||Redbird||West Lance Creek|
For tips on accessing Niobrara County, Wyoming Genealogy census records online, see: Wyoming Census.
County Clerk has marriage and land records from 1888;
Clerk District Court has divorce, probate and court records
Lusk Free Lance - no longer operating -- Wyoming State Archives: 
Lusk Standard - no longer operating -- Wyoming State Archives: 
Lusk Harold -- copies of older years at Wyoming State Archives: 
105 marriages from Feb 1913 to Jun 1916 and from Oct 1927 to Nov 1928 are listed on the Western States Marriage Index (website). When searching marriages at the courthouse please note that the earliest marriages (1913-1927) are in volume 20, pp. 185-640, with subsequent years being in volume 19 (1927-).
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- The Handybook for Genealogists : United States of America, 10th ed., (Draper, UT: Everton Publishers, 2002), p. 766. Biobrara County, Wyoming