Nicollet County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Nicollet County Courthouse
501 s Minnesota Ave; PO Box 493
St. Peter, MN 56082
Clerk District Court has birth and death records from 1870,
marriage records from 1856, divorce,
probate and court records from 1853.
County Recorder has land records.
- 1853--Nicollet County was created 5 March 1853 from Dakota County. County seat: St. Peter 
- For a brief history of how Nicollet County was named, click here, then select Nicollet County.
Civil War Battle
The following Civil War battle was fought in Nicollet County.
- Map showing Civil War battles in Minnesota.
Civil War service men from Nicollet County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies or regiments that were formed from men of Nicollet County.
- - 1st Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry (Mounted Rangers), Companies B, E, and K.
- - 2nd Regiment, Minnesota Cavalry, Companies B and M.
- - 4th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company H.
- - 6th Regiment, Minnesota Infantry, Company I.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Nicollet County, Minnesota page 366, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- Heritage Preservation Services, Civil War Battle Summaries by State, (accessed 13 August, 2012)