Newton County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1835--Newton County was created 7 February 1835 from unorganized territory.
County seat: Kentland 
Civil War service men from Newton County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Newton County.
- 9th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Reorganized Company G
- 12th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company K
- 51st Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company B
- 99th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 128th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company A
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Newton County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).