Although it was established in 1870, the settlement didn’t grow until the Cactus Mine was purchased in 1900 by Samuel Newhouse. This community was called ‘Tent City’ until Samuel Newhouse took over, then the name was changed to Newhouse. Newhouse spent $2 million to build a mine, mill and develop the town of Newhouse with the goal to create a model mining community.  This little mining town was complete with a 70 stucco homes, a library, dancehall, restaurant, clubhouse and bar. Newhouse offered a $50 prize to the first parents to have a baby in Newhouse.  The inhabitants were busy mining silver until 1910 when the mine ran dry. By 1914 the town was completely deserted. *Newhouse, Utah Wikipedia article
- Newhouse - Utah Ghost Towns
- [ eastern edge of the Wah Wah Valley
The remains of this once busy mining town are located 30 miles west of Milford, in Beaver County on the eastern edge of the Wah Wah Valley.
- GPS Location: GPS-N38 28.504 W113 20.435 
- 1870 Established
- 1900 Cactus Mining brings in miners and their families.
- 1910 Mine dries up and is abandoned.
- 1914 Community is deserted.
Beaver | Milford | Minersville | Greenville | Frisco
Societies, Museums and Libraries
- Marriage information may be located at the Western States Marriage Database searchable by bride or groom.
- Utah Department of Archives 1903 to 50 years ago
Choices of search types - name, date of death (year, month, day, or any combination) and county.
Images of actual death certificates.
- Utah Death Certificates 1904 - 1956 -A free internet access to the 1904-1956 death certificates can be viewed on the Family Search Historical Records. Utah requires a death certificate before a burial is completed. A death certificate may contain information as to the name of the deceased, date of death, and place of death, as well as the age, birthdate, parents, gender, marital status, spouse and place of residence. For information on death prior to 1904 you can search the Utah State Burial Index.