New York, County Naturalization Records - FamilySearch Historical Records/Known Issues
| This article lists issues previously reported for this collection and
may provide solutions or workarounds to those issues.
Note: Some record detail pages include a message “No image available” rather than a link to an image. Whenever possible, FamilySearch makes images available for all users. However, ultimate rights to view images on our website are granted by the record custodians. FamilySearch respects and strives to adhere to all privacy laws respective to providing access to genealogical records.
Question #1: Some records are missing. Where can the records be viewed?
Answer 1: See the answers below for information about known missing records and respective film numbers, if available, or alternate online location:
- Kings > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1919 vol 176, no 43601–43850 is missing file numbers no 43601–43627. Order Film 2367148 to view the files.
•*New York > Declaration of intention indexes are currently unavailable online. A list of associated films can be found at Card Index of Naturalizations, petition of Supreme Court of New York 1876–1924 and are available to order.
Question #2: The Event Type and Year Range (waypoint) title does not properly reflect the actual digital record content. How can I determine what digital records are likely to be found within a collection?
Answer 2: The list of known waypoint discrepancies describes the event type or year range existing in the collection:
- Allegany > Petitions for naturalization 1866–1894 and Petitions for naturalization 1894–1900 are Certificates of Citizenship.
- Kings > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1919 vol 176, no 43601–43850 file numbers should be no 43628–43850.
- New York > Petitions for naturalization and petition evidence 1920 vol 416, no 103101–103350 > Images 1–266 are pages 155–250 (petitions 103255–103350) and Images 267–677 are pages 1–155 (petitions 103101–103255).
- Go to New York, County Naturalization Records - FamilySearch Historical Records article
- Go to the New York, County Naturalization Records, 1791–1980 collection at FamilySearch.org