New Norfolk County, Virginia Genealogy
New Norfolk County, Virginia genealogy and family history research page. Guide to New Norfolk County (1636-1637) genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including wills, deeds and land records, cemeteries, and churches.
New Norfolk was a short-lived county, now extinct, in seventeenth-century Virginia.
The original records of New Norfolk County are now held at
Church of EnglandEdit
See also Elizabeth River Parish
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Gookin] Dorman, John Frederick. Adventurers of Purse and Person Virginia 1607-1624/5. 3 vols. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc., 2005. See Volume 2. FHL Book 975.5 H2j v. 2.
- [Thorowgood] Francis, Phyllis W. "Some Lineal Descendants of Captain Adam Thorowgood (1602-1640) Lynnhaven Parish, Princess Anne County, Virginia," The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 16, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1972):3-12; Vol. 16, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1972):119-123; Vol. 16, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1972):207-215; Vol. 16, No. 4 (Oct.-Dec. 1972):286-291; Vol. 17, No. 1 (Jan.-Mar. 1973):14-20; Vol. 17, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1973):129-134; Vol. 17, No. 3 (Jul.-Sep. 1973):207-211. Digital version at American Ancestors ($). FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 16 (1972) - v. 17 (1973).
Additional resources include:
Land and PropertyEdit
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- FamilySearch Catalog