New Jersey in the War of 1812
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 06:32, 28 May 2012 by Cgmills (added sources and links)
During the War of 1812, New Jersey supplied 5,668 infantry men, 135 cavalry men, and 209 artillery men for a total of 6,012 men.
- Internet Archives, Digital version of Record of officers and men of New Jersey in Wars, 1791-1815. Trenton: State Gazette Publishing Co.(1909)(free)includes Officers and men in the war with Great Britain, 1812-1815 and name index.
- General Society of the War of 1812, The Constitution and Register of Membership of the General Society of the War of 1812 to October 1, 1899], Philadelphia, Dewey & Eakens, Makers 1899. Family Search. FHL Digital Book contains registers for eight states and District of Columbia. Descendant Members of the New Jersey Society identifies veteran ancestor by name, his rank, unit in which he served, dates of service, etc., page 215.
- Ancestry, War of 1812 Service Records ($), (accessed 11 May 2012) this database gives name, company, rank at time of induction and at time of discharge of men mustered into the armed forces between 1812 and 1825.
- New Jersey State Library (Trenton). New Jersey in the War of 1812; books 1-52. (Films of originals at the State Library of Archives and History). Includes index. On 16 FHL films starting with film 573337
- Fold3, Digital images of New Jersey War of 1812 Pension Files. Alphabetical by surname. Incomplete as of 5/2012 ($)
- New Jersey State Library (Trenton). New Jersey in the War of 1812; books 1-52. (Films of originals at the State Library of Archives and History). Pension records on FHL film 578154
- Wesley Potter Kremer. 100 Great Battles of the Rebellion;...Also, All the Battles of the Revolution, War of 1812-5, Mexican War, Indian Battles, American-Spanish War, and Naval Battles. (Hoboken, N.J.: s.n., 1906), p. 326. Internet Archive.