Nebraska Censuses Existing and Lost
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:50, 29 January 2010 by HendricksonP
|Nebraska: Existing and Lost Federal Census Schedules|
|Exact Date||Population Schedules||Veterans/ Pensioners||Slave Owners||Mortality||Agricultural||Industrial/ Manufacturers||Defective||Indian|
|1940 Apr 1||Public release in 2012||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1930 Apr 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1920 Jan 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1910 Apr 15||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1900 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-||Exist|
|1890 Jun 2||Lost||Exist||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|1885 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1880 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||Exist||-|
|1870 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
|1860 Jun 1||Exist||-||-||Exist||Exist||Exist||-||-|
Colonial, Territorial, and State Censuses
- 1854 all 6 districts7. 
- 1855 Counties: Cass (census and index), Dodge, Douglas, Franklin (records and index), Richardson.7. 
- 1856 Counties: Cass, Cumings, Dodge (Northern and Southern Districts, Platte, Richardson. 7. 
- 1865 Counties: Cumings 7. 
- 1869 Counties: Butler
- 1876 Counties: Sarpy
- 1885 Counties: Extant for all counties except Blaine and Chase.
Sources and Notes
- Anne Bruner Eales, and Robert M Kvasnicka, ed., Guide to Genealogical Research in the National Archives of the United States, 3d ed. (Washington, D.C.: NARA, 2000), 35, 36, and 45.
- William Thorndale, and William Dollarhide, Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 (Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing, 1987), 206-10.
- William Dollarhide, The Census Book: A Genealogists Guide to Federal Census Facts, Schedules and Indexes (Bountiful, Utah: Heritage Quest, 1999), 113-14.
- Only for Indian schedules taken along with Federal population schedules.
- In 1860 Fort Union and Fort Alexander (present-day Montana) were in Nebraska Territory, but were enumerated in the 1860 census with Dakota Territory.
- New Horizons Genealogy, "Alabama State and Colonial Census Records" in Existing Colonial, Territorial and State Census Records [Internet site] at http://newhorizonsgenealogicalservices.com/ne-census.htm (accessed 28 Jan 2010).