Difference between revisions of "Murray County, Oklahoma Genealogy"
(Added tax intro)
|Line 55:||Line 55:|
==== Church ====
==== Court ====
==== Court ====
Revision as of 01:35, 4 July 2013
Murray County, Oklahoma genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Murray County, Oklahoma|
| Map of Oklahoma highlighting Murray County|
Location in the state of Oklahoma
Location of Oklahoma in the U.S.
|Founded||July 16, 1907|
|Address|| Murray County Courthouse|
10th& Wyandotte Street
Sulphur, Oklahoma 73086-0240
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1907--Murray County was created 16 July 1907 from Chickasaw Lands.
County seat: Sulphur 
For tips on accessing Murray County, Oklahoma Genealogy census records online, see: Oklahoma Census.
Church records vary significantly depending on the denomination and the record keeper. They may contain information about members of the congregation, such as age, date of baptism, christening, or birth; marriage information and maiden names; and death date. For general information about Oklahoma denominations, view the Oklahoma Church Records Wiki page.
- NewspaperArchive.com ($) has historical newspapers online including Ada newspapers that may have included Murray County residents. This database is sometimes free at libraries.
Oklahoma tax records complement land records and can be used to supplement the years between censuses. There may be gaps of several years in the records.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Murray County, Oklahoma. Page 561 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).