Murdock Academy, Utah LDS Church Wards and Branches
MURDOCK ACADEMY, Beaver Co., Utah, was founded in 1889 at Fort Cameron, situated at the mouth of Beaver Canyon. The school offered a four-year high school course, a three-year agricultural course and a three-year domestic science course. The Academy was closed in 1922 as a continuation in the face of the school facilities in Beaver would have been an unnecessary duplication of studies. 
- 1873 - Fort Cameron established by the U. S. Government
- 1883 - Fort Cameron abandoned as a military station
- Before 1889 - The property came into the possession of the Brigham Young Academy at Provo
- 1889 - Murdock Academy (located at Fort Cameron, at the mouth of Beaver Canyon) was founded as an extension of Brigham Young Academy.
- 1898 - Beaver Branch of B. Y. University was established.
- 1922 - The Academy was closed as school facilities in Beaver would have been an unnecessary duplication of studies.
Obtain the Records
- See the Church History Library for more information and records.
- Jenson, Andrew B. Encyclopedic History of the Church, (Salt Lake City: Deseret News, 1941), p ??