Mower County, Minnesota Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
- 1855--Mower County was created 20 February 1855 from Rice County and formally organized 1 March 1856.
- For a brief history of how Mower County was named click here. Then select Mower County.
County seat: Austin 
- Grand Meadow
- Le Roy
- Rose Creek
Adams | Austin | Bennington | Clayton | Dexter | Frankford | Grand Meadow | Lansing | Lodi | Lyle | Marshall | Nevada | Pleasant Valley | Racine | Red Rock | Sargeant | Udolpho | Waltham | Windom |
All of Mower County's land is divided into 20 townships that are 36 square miles (six miles north to south X six miles west to east) in area. Mower County is five townships wide (a total of 30 miles west to east) and four townships from north to south (a total of 24 miles). The arrangement of the townships within the county is shown at wikipedia.com.
- Online Minnesota Death Records and Indexes
- 1908 to 1930 Mower County Death Index
- Mower County Marriages
Societies and Libraries
- Mower County, MN Genealogy Forum (GenForum)
- Family History Library Catalog
- Family History 101 - My Minnesota Genealogy This site has information on Winona Co. and where to find county records.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).