Morristown New Jersey Family History Center
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 20:12, 11 April 2013 by Cottrells (Text replace - "[http://fhc.familysearch.org/ '''FHC Portal:''']" to "'''FHC Portal'''")
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
Address: 283 James St., Morris Township, NJ (use Morristown for your GPS)
- This is not a mailing address.
- From the parking lot, our entrance is located at the northwest double-doors of the church.
- Map of our location.
- Wednesdays 10 am to 5:30 pm
- Saturdays 9 am to 12 noon
Holiday Schedule: (click here to see the detailed schedule)
- Closed Memorial Day weekend
- Closed July 4th
- Closed Labor Day weekend
- Closed Thanksgiving Day week
- Closed for the last two weeks of December
- We are also closed for bad weather. Please call before visiting.
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog, as long as the items are not restricted or otherwise not available for circulation to a Family History Center.
- We also have 550+ microfilms and 1700+ sets of microfiche on indefinite loan.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal The center has access to the Family History Center Portal. It provides free access to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. For example, a patron may use Ancestry.com, Find My Past, Fold3.com (Footnote), Godfrey Memorial Library, Heritage Quest, World Vital Records, etc.
Hardware and Equipment
- We have six computers with Internet access.
- We also have a digital imaging system for printing copies of film or fiche images (or saving images to a flashdrive).
- We have a network printer and a copier.
Resources in the Local Area
- which is part of:
- The Morristown & Morris Township Library
- 1 Miller Road
- Morristown, NJ 07960
- 30 East Hanover Ave.
- Whippany, NJ 07981
Adding details to a FHC page article.