Morris County, Kansas Genealogy
Morris County, Kansas genealogy and family history research page. Guide to genealogy, history, and courthouse sources including birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, wills, deeds and land records, Civil War records, family histories, cemeteries, churches, tax records, newspapers, and obituaries.
|Morris County, Kansas|
| Map of Kansas highlighting Morris County|
Location in the state of Kansas
Location of Kansas in the U.S.
|Founded||August 30, 1855|
|County Seat||Council Grove|
|Address|| Morris County Courthouse|
501 W. Main Street
Council Grove, Kansas 66846-1701
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Morris County Courthouse
501 W Main Street
Council Grove, KS 66846
Formerly Wise County. Name changed to Morris 11 Feb 1859.
Probate Judge has marriage and probate record.
City Clerk has burial and death.
Clerk District Court has divorce and court records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1855--Morris County was created 30 August 1855 as an original county. County seat: Council Grove 
Men from Morris county enlisted in the Morris County Rangers--Cavalry, Neosho Guards--Cavalry, Clark's Creek Rangers--Cavalry, Neosho Rangers, Cavalry and Council Grove Guards--Infantry and the 6th Regiment, Kansas Southern Division.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Morris County, Kansas Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Morris County, Kansas page 253, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).