Morgan County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:18, 10 September 2012 by Russellolsen (Morgan County, Missouri)
Morgan County; 100 E Newton St; Versailles, MO 65084-1298; Ph. 573.378.5436 Details: (Courthouse burned 1887; no rec lost) (Redr Deeds has m & land rec; Pro Ct has pro rec from 1834; Clk Cir Ct has ct; Co Clk has b & d rec)
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- See an interactive map of Morgan County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties.
- Dorothy & Bill Williams have cataloged 27,000 plus burials in 150 cemeteries in Morgan County, MO. They have Last Name, First Name, Birth, Death, Cemetery, Addition, Block, Lot, Grave. They will try to answer any inquiries (within reason) sent to email@example.com
- Map of Morgan County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Morgan County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers and Sedalia newspapers from the late 1800's and early 1900's that covered local news that included residents from Morgan County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).