Moore, Utah is located "on U-10 five miles northeast of Emery. The original name for this community was Rochester, the name of M.B. Whitney's hometown. Whitney was the promoter of the Independent Canal and Resevoir Company, which was incorporated in 1894 in order to develop the land in the vicinity. In 1940 the community name was changed to Moore to honor L.C. Moore, a landowner and manager of a local farm project." 
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- FamilySearch Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 257.