Montgomery County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:22, 28 February 2013 by Ericcharlesperazzo (Added infobox)
|Montgomery County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||December 14, 1818|
|County Seat||Montgomery City|
|Address|| Montgomery County Courthouse
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage records from 1864,
divorce and court records from 1886; Probate Judge
has probate records from 1890
- See an interactive map of Montgomery County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all 114 Missouri Counties
- Map of Montgomery County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Montgomery County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Jefferson City newspapers from the early 1900's covering local news that sometimes included residents from Montgomery County communities.
- http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/ has The Montgomery Tribune which was published from 1900-1910 online. It can be searched using single words or combinations of words. It covers news local to Montgomery county and the surrounding areas.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Montgomery County, Missouri. Page 403 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).