Montgomery County, Indiana Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
An online searchable database, www.cdpl.lib.in.us (Crawfordsville District Public Library), contains transcriptions of Montgomery County cemetery tombstones dating from the early 1800s to 1981. It also references the same readings found in the CDPL and DAR cemetery record books
The Crawfordsville District Public Library (cdpl.lib.in.us) has an online index of local newspaper articles or notices of births, marriages, obituaries and other items of vital records interest. This online index is searchable and covers the period 1834-1899 (partial) and 1900-present.
The Crawfordsville District Public Library (cdpl.lib.in.us) online database leads to images (.pdf) of actual pages for marriage affidavits for period September, 1883 to February, 1905 and marriage records for period December, 1888 to June, 1941. Also, index only (no images) for marriage licenses for period October, 1867 to Jun, 2001.
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Montgomery County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).