Montgomery County, Alabama Genealogy
|Dates for major county records|
|For earlier dates, try...|
|Remember these collections|
|Montgomery County, Alabama|
Location in the state of Alabama
Location of Alabama in the U.S.
|Founded||December 6, 1816|
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Montgomery County, Alabama
P O Box 1667
Montgomery, Alabama 36102
Probate Judge has marriage records from 1928,
Probate Records from 1817
and land records from 1819
Alabama Dept of Archives and History
has marriage records 1817-1928
Clerk of Board of revenue has divorce records from 1851
and court Records from 1817 
Some Montgomery County cemeteries are included in Alabama Cemetery Records Vol. 1 at FamilySearch Books Online - free.
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Confederate Soldiers, 1861-1865
- Alabama, Civil War Service Records of Union Soldiers, 1861-1865
- 1881-1930 - Alabama, Births and Christenings, 1881-1930 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1816-1957 - Alabama, Marriages, 1816-1957 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection. Incomplete.
- 1881-1952 - Alabama, Deaths and Burials, 1881-1952 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
- 1908-1974 - Alabama, Deaths, 1908-1974 FamilySearch Historical Records Collection
Societies and Libraries
Family History Center
- Introduction to LDS Family History Centers
- Montgomery Alabama
- 3460 Carter Hill Rd
Montgomery, Montgomery, Alabama
Hours: Tuesday 9am-2pm;
by appt Tue. eve. and Sat.
- 3460 Carter Hill Rd
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- USGenWeb Archives Project ~ contains record transcriptions from Bibles, obituaries, court records and more.
- Montgomery County ALGenWeb ~ record transcriptions and information pertinent to the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Montgomery County, Alabama Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Montgomery County p. 39. At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).