Monroe County, Missouri Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 21:17, 10 September 2012 by Russellolsen (Monroe County, Missouri)
Monroe County; 300 N Main St; Paris, MO 65275-1399; Ph. 660.327.1019 Details: (Clk Cir Ct has m, div & ct rec; pro Judge has pro rec; Co Asr has land rec)
- 1 History
- 2 Places/Localities
- 3 Resources
- 4 Societies and Libraries
- 5 Web Sites
- 6 References
- See an interactive map of Monroe County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Map of Monroe County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Monroe County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Moberly newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Monroe County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- Little Dixie Regional Libraires (Randolph and Monroe counties)
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).