Monroe County, Missouri Genealogy
Guide to Monroe County Missouri genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Monroe County, Missouri|
Location of Missouri in the U.S.
|Founded||January 6, 1831|
|Address|| Monroe County Courthouse|
300 N Main Street
Paris, MO 65275-1399
Monroe County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Clerk Circuit Court has marriage, divorce and court records;
probate Judge has probate records; County Assessor has
has land records
- See an interactive map of Monroe County border changes at N2Genealogy.
- The State Historical Society of Missouri has information on historical Missouri place names for all Missouri Counties.
- Family Maps of Monroe County, Missouri Genealogy (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
- Map of Monroe County townships (Histopolis)
- The University of Missouri Digital Library has digital copies of Missouri county plat books (ca. 1930) for all Missouri counties including Monroe County. The city of St. Louis is not included in this collection.
- Newspaperarchive.com ($) has historical newspapers available on-line. Their database has Moberly newspapers from the early 1900's that covered local news on residents from Monroe County communities.
- Missouri State Archives provides on-line access to Missouri Death Certificates more than 50 yrs old starting in 1910.
Societies and Libraries
- Little Dixie Regional Libraires (Randolph and Monroe counties)
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Monroe County, Missouri. Page 403 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).