Molen, Utah "became an outgrowth of Ferron in 1877 after Mike (Mitchell) Molen brought his cattle and horses into Castle Valley and settled on Ferron Creek. An earlier name for the settlement was Lower Ferron." 
Ferron, Utah 84523
- Huntsman, Evelyn Peacock and Roma Nordell Powell. A Peach of a Place: A History of Ferron and Molen, Utah. [Castle Dale, Utah?]: Emery County Archives, 2004.
- Nielsen, Lucy H. "Recollections on the History of Molen, Emery County, Utah." 1976.
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 254.