Mohrland, Utah "was a coalmining town three miles south of Hiawatha on upper Cedar Creek. The four leading organizers of the town were Mays, Orem, Heiner, and Rice. The town name is a combination of the first initials of their names with "land" added to the end. In 1938 the mines were shut down and the town was abandoned." 
- The Emery County UT GenWeb Project, a member of The UTGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project
- Family History Library Catalog
- John W. Van Cott, Utah Place Names: A Comprehensive Guide To the Origins of Geographic Names (Salt Lake City: University of Utah Press, 1990), 254.