Mohave County, Arizona Genealogy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mohave County is located in the northwest corner of Arizona, the county seat is Kingman, and it also contains the somewhat newer 'river city' known as Bullhead City, which is across the Colorado River from Laughlin, Nevada. Hoover Dam is also partly included in the county due to it being built to dam the Colorado River to create Lake Mead. The word 'Mohave' is a variant spelling of 'Mojave'.
1864--Mohave County was created 21 December 1864 as an original county. County seat: Kingman 
- Clark County, Nevada
- Kane County, Utah
- La Paz
- Lincoln County, Nevada
- San Bernardino County, California
- Washington County, Utah
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- Mt. Trumbull
Societies and Libraries
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).