Mitchell County, Texas Genealogy
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
The first settlers arrived in 1875.
1876--Mitchell County was created 21 August 1876 from Bexar Land District.
1881--Mitchell County was organized 10 January 1881.
County seat: Colorado City 
Places / Localities
Buford | Colorado City | Loraine | Westbrook
- Mitchell County History from the Handbook of Texas Online.
- Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the TXGenWeb site.
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 Texas Death Index (FamilySearch Historical Records) Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- Handbook of Texas Online: Mitchell County http://www.tshaonline.org/handbook/online/articles/hcm15
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).