Mitchell County, North Carolina Genealogy
|Mitchell County, North Carolina|
Location in the state of North Carolina
Location of North Carolina in the U.S.
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places/Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
Mitchell County Courthouse
Crimson Laurel Way Admin Bldg
P O Box 82
Bakersville, NC 28705
Clerk Superior Court has divorce and probate records from 1861
and Court records from 1912 Regiser of Deeds has marriage and land records 
1907--Several records believed destroyed during move into new courthouse.
For tips on accessing Mitchell County, North Carolina Genealogy census records online, see: North Carolina Census.
Civil War Confederate units - Brief history, counties where recruited, etc.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mitchell County, North Carolina. Page 511 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).