Mitchell County, Georgia Genealogy
Guide to Mitchell County Georgia genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Mitchell County, Georgia|
Location of Georgia in the U.S.
|Founded||December 21, 1857|
|Address|| Mitchell County Courthouse|
PO Box 187
Camilla, GA 31730
Mitchell County Website
- 1 County Courthouse
- 2 History
- 3 Places / Localities
- 4 Resources
- 5 Societies and Libraries
- 6 Web Sites
- 7 References
1869 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
Places / Localities
Marriages from newspapers 1885-1886 Georgia Pioneers
- Index to Wills and Estates 1868-1917 Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Digital Images of Mitchell County Wills and Bonds 1868-1917. See names of testators. Georgia Pioneers
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Mitchell County, Georgia Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- Georgia Pioneers Georgia Pioneers ($)
- Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Mitchell County, Georgia. Page 158 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).